Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome, Baby Flynn

One of my dear friends just had her baby boy, and I took the opportunity to make another recieving blanket for him.  This time I used Organic cotton from the Monaco Collection by Monaluna.  The scooters were just too cute, and the organic cotton was soft and lovely.  The back side is in a super soft, unbleached flannel.

For this project I learned how to hand sew the opposite side of the binding so that the stitching is invisible.  It was easy and restful work.  I felt like I was putting love for baby Flynn in each stitch. 














I also purchased the same scooter print in a pink colorway: just in case a little girl comes
along!


6 comments:

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Darling print; lovely blanket; lucky baby!!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

This is so cute! I love the scooters fabric too and the stripey binding is perfect!

Live a Colorful Life said...

The scooters fabric is the perfect choice.

Unknown said...

we love the blanket! thank you!

Colleen MacDonald said...

You're so welcome, Angela. I love you guys!

Colleen MacDonald said...

And thank you everyone for your sweet comments; I appreciate them!